It’s no surprise that the most wonderful time of the year is also the most hectic time of the year! With the chilly change in season, hours spent finding the best gifts, days spent in the kitchen preparing perfect family feasts, and weeks spent decorating your home, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Your house may be feeling smaller every day, but there’s a simple answer to your holiday chaos: a self storage unit. Keep reading to discover how this inexpensive option can make the season magical again.
- No peeking! Are you tired of finding creative places to hide gifts from children’s—and some adults’—curious eyes? A storage unit is a convenient way to ensure no one’s ruining their holiday surprise. This is especially useful for those gifts that are too large to wrap or too easy to guess. Give your car trunk, the back of your closet, under your bed, and your crawlspaces a break and make gift-giving exciting again!
- Create a wrapping station. Wrapping it tough—and messy—work. Forget the stress of taking over your dining room table, living room floor, or bed with wrapping paper, ribbons, bags, tissue paper, boxes, name tags, and rolls upon rolls of tape! Set up a folding table in your storage unit and wrap at your own pace and comfort, without worrying about where to keep your leftover supplies.
- A home for nonseasonal décor. Sure, you may not typically keep a nonseasonal tree in your living room or lights on your roof the other 11 months of the year, but there are a lot of other household décor items that get swapped out for more festive holiday ones. A self-storage unit is the perfect holding place for your year-round pillows, throws, mats, oven mitts, shower curtains, salt and pepper shakers, dishware, and any other home goods that get tucked away for the month.
- Make room for your on-break college student. Many families living in NYC simply don’t have the room to leave their college student’s childhood bedroom as-is, and need to utilize that space for the eight months of the year they’re not home. A self-storage unit will enable you to clear enough space for your favorite freshman, without sacrificing use of the extra room year-round.
- Your own charity drop. The holidays are a time to be thankful for what you have—and mindful of what others don’t. If you participate in charity drives and collect clothes, toys, food, or other items for those less fortunate than you, you may not realize that collecting all of the donations until the drive ends slowly takes over your space. A self-storage unit is a great place to support charities without getting inundated at home.
Now that you know how a self-storage unit can make the season brighter, contact the experts at Gotham Mini Storage and make your holidays easier with a secure, climate-controlled unit today!