There are a million and one great things about living in New York City, one of the biggest being that there are always a million and one things to do here! From the museums, concert venues, art galleries and the bright lights of Broadway to hidden restaurants and bars, an unrivaled nightlife scene and over 1,700 parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities, you’ll never be bored—especially during Halloween! So, get your jack-o-lanterns, faux spider webs, cauldrons, skeletons and ghoulish costumes out of storage: Here are some handpicked ways for everyone to do the monster mash this October.
- Spooky Fest: Take the whole family to this Tanglewood Nature Preserve event for arts and crafts, spooky (and not-so-spooky) walks, live animal exhibits, face painting and more. October 14-29, $15 all-inclusive admission, $10 non-scary admission.
- Town Square and Greenpoint Children’s Halloween Parade, Party and Zombie Nerf War: Kids 13 and under will have fun screaming at this parade, with arts and crafts, games, contests, Nerf battles and more! October 21, parade is free, $15 each for Spooktacular Party and Zombie Nerf War, or $20 for both.
- Astronomy Live: Spooky Astronomy: Kids dressed in an “out-of-this-world” costume earn a special giveaway when they spend the evening navigating the stars and listening to spooky stories. October 31, $15 admission, $13.50 for seniors and students, $12 for American Museum of Natural History members.
For Furry Kids
- The Annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade: Your dog will paws-itively love this Tompkins Square Park costume contest that CNN called “the largest dog costume parade in the world.” October 21, free admission ($5 donation suggested).
- The 19th Annual Great PUPkin Dog Costume Contest: Enjoy some live music, dance workshops, games with giveaways, face painting, a pumpkin patch, creepy-crawlies with the Urban Park Rangers, and the Great PUPkin costume contest for dogs. October 28, free admission.
- Halloween Harvest Festival: This Socrates Park Halloween festival includes arts and costume-making workshops, face painting, food, live music and a dog costume contest. October 28, free admission.
- NYC Horror Film Festival (NYCHFF): Watch terrifying short- and feature-length films at this horror film festival. October 26-29, ticket prices vary.
- 15th Annual Halloween Masquerade Ball: For adults 21 and over, come dressed in your scariest party costume for a night you’ll never forget at this DJ party. October 28, tickets start at $10.
- Gravesend Inn: This high-tech haunted hotel, produced by students in City Tech’s Theatreworks program, is sure to thrill and chill even the bravest among you! October 19-21 and 26-31, $10 general admission, $5 for students, free for City Tech students.
Once you’ve celebrated a frightfully ghoulish Halloween, contact the experts at Gotham Mini Storage to keep costumes and decorations safe until next year!
Having a second child is an exciting time for anybody. You’ve done it before so you’ll know exactly what to expect this time around. That doesn’t mean, however, that having a second child won’t be without its stresses. One more child means another tonnage of toys, clothes and more. If your family is living in a small Manhattan apartment, there’s a good chance you’re already stressed out about what to do with everything. You’ve already been through a living room packed with stuff before, and are probably less than thrilled at the prospect of doing so again.
Before you try to make peace with such crowded living conditions, realize there are other options. Make room for your second child (and all their stuff): store all those extras with Gotham Mini Storage. Maybe you’d like to store away the old toys your first child has outgrown but that your newborn won’t be needing for a few months—or maybe your space is still filled to the brim with items from your pre-baby days.
It doesn’t matter how much stuff you have. At Gotham, you’ll find the right storage rental to fit your needs. We have mini storage lockers if you just looking for a little bit of storage space, and we also have units as big as single-car garages. Don’t worry about keeping your expensive baby (or pre-baby) items safe. Our NYC storage facility will keep them protected from theft—and the elements. Our facility features a state-of-the-art security system as well as climate-controlled units so temperature fluctuations aren’t a problem. We’ll also take care of one of the biggest annoyances: Moving your items to our facility. On your move-in day, we’ll send over a truck and driver to pick up your belongings and bring them to our facility.
Don’t let a cluttered New York City apartment dampen the enthusiasm of having a second child. To get started with one of our affordable convenient NYC storage options, visit our facilities or contact us.
If you are moving to New York City, it is probably an incredibly exciting time in your life. However, while you might be looking forward to the sights and sounds of your new Manhattan home, you more than likely aren’t too excited about the size of your apartment. It isn’t uncommon for studio apartments in Manhattan to be as small as 400 square feet, and in the future 250-square-foot micro-apartments may be the norm. What are you supposed to do with your things in spaces that small? Moving is never a fun time, but having to downsize can make it even worse.
Most people will start throwing away as many things as they can, haphazardly paring down their possessions to the bare minimum. There is another option: Gotham Mini Storage. When it comes to self-storage in Manhattan, there is none better. We have storage units that range from small lockers to the size of a single-car garage. Don’t worry about cluttering up your small apartment with countless objects. Keep your space looking clean and tidy, and leave it to our NYC storage professionals to take care of your items. We have extensive security measures in place including motion sensors and an alarm system, and our self-storage facilities are climate-controlled so that even your most sensitive items are sure to stay how you leave them. And with Gotham Mini Storage, even cost isn’t an issue: Our low-price guarantee means we will beat the prices of other mini storage facilities in NYC.
Turn your small, cluttered apartment into a cozy home. Contact Gotham Mini Storage to find out how.
If you are moving back to Manhattan to your parents’ home or apartment after graduating college, you are not alone: recent studies have shown that in recent years, 45% of college graduates ages 18 to 24 move back in with their parents. There is no denying that living in your childhood home for the first time in years is going to be a big change for you – and your parents.
Along with debates about curfews and discussions about your lifestyle, one of the biggest annoyances is figuring out with what to do with your stuff. After four years and an apartment or two of your own, you’ve probably accumulated quite a lot of things, from furniture to a myriad of electronics. Unlike the average suburban house, your parents’ NYC apartment probably doesn’t have ample storage space (not many two-car garages in Midtown). And don’t be surprised if your parents aren’t too keen on the idea of you putting your mismatched couch in their living room or stuffing their home’s closets with your assortment of stuff.
Instead of desperately trying to find an out-of-the-way place for everything, there is a better option: Gotham Mini Storage. Whether you kept a couple of items from your dorm room or everything that was in your off-campus apartment, we have sizes that can accommodate your needs. Our self-storage units start at the size of a small locker and go as large as a single-car garage. With a free move-in truck and driver we provide, getting your stuff here won’t be a problem either. It doesn’t matter if it is electronics, records, your senior thesis or other sensitive items. Our self-storage facilities are climate controlled, come equipped with motion sensors and are monitored by an alarm system to keep your items safe. No matter how long you keep your stuff with us, you can expect it to be in the same condition as when you left it. Best of all, our low price guarantee means we will provide you with the best price in NYC storage.
Let Gotham Mini Storage help you and your parents make the transition home from college a smooth one. Contact us now and rest assured that you’ve chosen the best in NYC storage.
While many self-storage facilities have been taking advantage of the assorted government incentives to put in solar arrays, Gotham Mini Storage in Manhattan New York City has taken a step further with the installation of a state-of-the-art “cogeneration” power plant.
Cogeneration (sometimes said as combined heat and power or “CHP”) uses excess heat from the onsite production of electricity to both heat and cool a building. Gotham Mini’s self storage facility in Manhattan NYC uses advanced natural gas fed mini turbines (which are basically little jet engines) to supply the electricity employed by the facility.
Greenwich Village is a well-known, largely residential district in Manhattan. To the east of Greenwich village is Broadway, the Hudson River is to the west, Houston Street on the south, and 14th Street on the north. Some of its surrounding neighborhoods are the East Village (to the east), SoHo (to the south) and Chelsea (to the north). Greenwich Village is home to Washington Square Park, NYU’s large campus and a nightlife scene on MacDougal Street. You can find many historic and attractive brownstones and some of the city’s best restaurants and bars in Greenwich Village, making it a popular choice to live or spend a lazy weekend afternoon.