It can be difficult to entertain yourself during the hot summer months in most cities, but not in the city that never sleeps! With so much going on in and around New York City, you’ll never be bored. We’ve compiled a list of some exciting things to do throughout July that are guaranteed to make this summer one to remember.
- Catch a Concert. The City Parks Foundation puts on outdoor concerts across NYC all summer long—and best of all—they’re free! Check out the concert calendar to find out when and where!
- Take a Dip. Is the heat getting to be too much? Lucky for you, NYC’s outdoor public pools opens June 27! Here’s a list of the best local pools to chill out by this summer.
- Explore the Ocean. The long-awaited shark exhibit at the New York Aquarium opens on June 30! It’s the perfect place to hide out from the sun on an especially steamy day. Get your tickets now.
- Movie Nights. Whether you’re a movie buff or just in need of a night to kick back, there are numerous free movie screenings playing both classics and the latest box office hits. Bring a blanket, some snacks and enjoy!
- Poetry in the Park. Does spending a sunny day relaxing and listening to beautiful sonnets beneath a shady tree sound good to you? Check out the eighth annual New York City Poetry Festival on July 28 and 29. It’s free and open to the public!
- Spend the Fourth on the Boardwalk. This July 4 head over to Coney Island for some good food, rides and fireworks. Watch the traditional Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest and, if you’re brave enough, take a spin on the Wonder Wheel!
- Dance the Night Away. If you love live music and dancing, Lincoln Center’s Mid-Summer Night Swing is a must go! The event runs June 26–July 14, so purchase your ticket now for a fun night of great music and dancing.
With so much to do, a summer in New York City is guaranteed to fly by! Before you know it, you’ll be preparing for fall and will need to make storage room for all your summer essentials! Contact the professionals at Gotham Mini Storage for a safe and affordable space to store your things until next year!