Do you feel like you’ve done everything there is to do this summer? Don’t worry: With fall fast approaching, we’ve found seven creative ways to end your summer strong!
- See a Play. Experience a classroom classic come to life in a way you never have before! Check out the talented thespians of Free Shakespeare in the Park performing their musical adaptation of the William Shakespeare comedy Twelfth Night at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park. True to its name, it’s free!
- Catch a Cyclones Game. A day at the ball game is always a day well spent, especially when it doesn’t break the bank! Come out to Coney Island and support New York City’s hometown favorite, the Brooklyn Cyclones at MCU Park. It’s a great time for kids and adults alike!
- Celebrate Culture. Explore the rich history and cultural contributions of the Harlem community! Harlem Week offers fun events all throughout the summer, like a fashion show, performances by jazz, R&B and gospel artists, a small business expo fair, a tennis clinic and more!
- Hop Aboard a Time Machine. The Jazz Lawn Party is going to be an amazing time, to say the least! Travel back to the Prohibition Era for a celebration of the past. With so many different 1920’s-themed performances and plenty of activities, including dance lessons, vintage portraits, a car exhibition, and croquet, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into another world!
- Take to the City Streets. On the first three Saturdays in August, 7am – 1pm, Summer Streets encourages New Yorkers to commute sustainably by opening the city streets to pedestrians! Stretch your legs and check out all the activities at strategically placed rest stops along the way!
- Score Good Deals and Good Eats. During NYC Restaurant Week, hundreds of local restaurants dish out sweet deals! Save some money and explore new menus—who knows, maybe you’ll find yourself a new favorite spot!
- Make Your Furry Friend a Patron of the Arts. Just when you think you’ve heard it all, there’s Dogumenta, an art exhibit for dogs! If your weekly visit to the park with your pup is getting a little tired, don’t miss out on this fun event where artists were challenged to create art based on canine experience and perception.
Take advantage of all that New York City has to offer this August, just before the weather starts to get a little colder! Before you know it, you’ll be preparing for fall and will need to make storage room for all your summer essentials! Contact the professionals at Gotham Mini Storage for a safe and affordable space to store your things until next year!